Episode 23 – Disney World for Age Players
Posted on: July 24, 2011
Episode 23 – Listener Questions & Comments
Big Little Podcast Episode 23
Learn a little bit about what some folks call Age Play Mecca and why. Join your hosts spacey and mako as well as guests Armand and Loki as we talk about our favorite vacation spot, Walt Disney World.
Yet again special thanks go to the #d-diaper IRC chat room on rizon.net and all the great folks that called in and listened live.
Podcast: Play in new window | Download
- The Unofficial Guide to Disney World – guide with hotel and restaurant reviews, insider tips, reader comments and lots more.
- Touringplans.com – online guide and info about when to go to the parks and what attractions to visit at what times. Also available is a mobile site for Blackberry and Palm, as well as apps for Android and iPhones, called “Lines.”
- Mobile Magic Application – official Disney app for Android phones on Verizon only. There is also a mobile site available at m.disneyworld.com
- Monorail Co-Pilot Card example
- Magic Kingdom Railway – makes 3 stops at different parts of the Magic Kingdom. Fun for kids of all ages and a great way to see the whole park!
- Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party – a good time of year to wear costumes in the park and a fun way to celebrate the Halloween season (runs last 3 weeks of October)
- Whispering Canyon Cafe – a sit-down restaurant in the Wilderness Lodge resort (Magic Kingdom area), always a hooping and hollering good time.
- 50s Primetime Cafe in Disney Hollywood Studios park – make sure to finish your vegetables!
- Le Cellier – steakhouse in Canada pavillion in World Showcase of Epcot
- Glow Cube – a nifty souvenir that you can have in many beverages at WDW and buy in several of the gift shops. It’s a clear cube with LEDs inside and can blink or rotate between colors. Link is a picture and example of one cocktail that includes a glow cube for you to keep.
- Journey Into Imagination with Figment (in Future World in Epcot)
- Monsters, Inc Laugh Floor (Tomorrowland area in Magic Kingdom) – stand-up comedy show with the monsters, you can text in a joke
- Stitch’s Great Escape (Tomorrowland) – sit-down stationary ride featuring Stitch/Experiment 626 from Lilo & Stitch
- Kim Possible Team Possible Adventure – Interactive save-the-world adventure in many of the World Showcases in Epcot
- Muppet Vision 3-D – a Muppets-themed show/ride in Disney Hollywood Studios park.
- Fast pass system – for all ticketed guests, a fantastic way to reduce wait times for popular attractions
- Here is a list of all the Family Restrooms (also called companion-assisted restroom) where it is appropriate to do a diaper change.
- Cirque du Soleil’s La Nouba show – at Downtown Disney
- Rodeway Inn – an inexpensive off-property motel off Hwy 192 in Kissimmee. Room rates $26-41 a night.
- The Woodshed – A playspace/dungeon in Orlando
- A few ways to save money at Disney: 1) get a season/annual pass, 2) choose a room with a kitchen(ette) and cook or bring some of your own meals, 3) bring snacks and drinks into the parks, 4) attend during times of year when room rates are lower, 5) take advantage of free activities like resort hopping and Downtown Disney, 6) buy a Refillable mug for use at your resort, 7) stay at Fort Wilderness campground with your tent or RV.
- There are TONS more money-saving tips out there on the web. Those and lots more info can be found at the major Disney fan sites, some of which are All Ears, Disney Information Station (DIS), MouseSavers, WDW Magic, The Mouse For Less, Laughing Place.
- Keep your eyes peeled for info on the Big Little Podcast Fetlife group, or Twitter, about a Big Little Podcast meetup at Downtown Disney in the beginning of October 2011, when Mako and Spacey will be in town for the Epcot Wine and Dine Half Marathon run.
Comments are closed.